The Sales Agent Correspondence Course PLUS provides the student the best of both worlds. Learn the material for the Sales Agent Course at your own pace with the correspondence class. Prepare for the state exam with the live interaction of a classroom setting. By selecting this format you can start the correspondence section at any time and select the most convenient time slot for the live prep class.
Sales Agent Correspondence Course: This 55 hour remote learning course, approved by the Maine Real Estate Commission, is a prerequisite to taking the Pearson VUE state licensing exam. Based on the book, Introduction to a Successful Career in Maine Real Estate, by Charles “Kim” Coit, its content includes material that is basic to the practice of real estate in Maine. Concepts covered include the following topics:
- How the business is organized and regulated by the Maine Real Estate Commission
- Licensing laws and agency relationships
- Fiduciary duties of a licensee with an agency agreement with a buyer or seller
- Private property rights with attention to the public and private limits that may exist on those rights
- Required disclosures licensees must make to make to buyers and sellers
- Basics of contracts and how to complete agreements for real estate transactions
- Introduction to real estate financing and overview of different loan products available
- Closings and closing costs
- Tax considerations of property ownership
- Miscellaneous federal laws including Fair Housing and Americans with Disabilities
The material is covered in four modules. In each module, there are questions based on the text, followed by a quiz. Students work on a module, then mail it in for review and grading of the quiz. The completed module is returned with answers to the questions and quizzes. The last module has a final exam. On completing the course with a grade of 75 or better, students will receive a certificate of completion that will enable them to take the Pearson VUE state exam. Students have one year to complete the course.
Upon passing the Pearson VUE exam with a grade of 75 or better, students can apply for their Sales Agents License and join a Maine Real Estate Company and practice real estate.
Students are welcome to call or email the instructor at any time during the course with questions.
Please note, costs of mailing materials to your professor are not included in the course cost.
Maine Real Estate Licensing Exam Prep Course is the latest addition to the Maine Center for Real Estate Studies list of classes. It is designed to help the student who is looking for extra help in passing the Pearson VUE Exam. The class is offered in a spaced learning format, giving the student ample time to digest the material. There are four evening sessions over a four week period. This is a must for students needing to review the material in preparation for the exam, or for those having a difficult time passing the Pearson VUE Exam.
Note: This course is NOT required to sit for the state Pearson VUE Exam.
Materials for the Sales Agent Correspondence Course PLUS include:
- Introduction to a Successful Career in Maine Real Estate textbook
- Maine Real Estate Commission License Law Reference Book
- Licensing Booklet
- Pearson VUE Exam Prep Book
Course times are 5:00pm to 8:30pm.
2020 Maine Real Estate Licensing Exam Course Dates:
- January 9, 16, 23 & 30: Augusta
- February 6, 13, 20 & 27: Portland
April 7, 14, 21 & 28: Augustapostponed
- May 7, 14, 21 & 28: Portland
- June 2, 9, 16 & 23: Augusta
- August 6, 13, 20 & 27: Portland
- September 8, 15, 22 & 29: Augusta
- October 8, 15, 22 & 29: Portland
- November 3, 10, 17 & 24: Augusta