The Maine Law Exam Prep Materials were designed to assist you in passing the Maine Law examination administered by Pearson Vue. This exam can be taken by someone holding a real estate license from another state, or who has let their Maine Associate Broker or Broker license expire or go inactive. Once the exam is passed, you can submit an application for the appropriate Maine Associate Broker or Broker license.
A non-resident, or a Maine resident, who holds an active license in good standing in another state or licensing jurisdiction may qualify for a similar license in Maine by passing the Maine Law examination. Non-resident candidates must be licensed in the state in which they reside to qualify under this provision.
Also, an individual who has allowed a Broker or Associate Broker license to expire or has been inactive for more than 6 years may reinstate the license by passing the Maine Law examination. Candidates applying under this provision will qualify for the same type of license as previously held.
If one of these conditions apply to you, the Maine Law Exam Prep will assist you in passing the Maine Law examination administered by Pearson Vue.
- Check with the Maine Real Estate Commission to be sure you qualify for the “law portion” of the exam.
- Go to this url https://www.asisvcs.com/publications/pdf/092000.pdf where you will find the Pearson VUE Candidate Handbook. Read the handbook to learn about the process. Focus on the Content Outline for the Maine Real Estate Law Examinations (page 5 of “Content Outlines”) where you will find the list of topics tested on the “law portion”.
The Maine Law Exam Prep Materials consists of the following:
- Study guide with suggested reading to prepare for the topics on the law portion
- Introduction to a Successful Career in Maine Real Estate textbook by Charles “Kim” Coit
- Maine Real Estate Commission License Law Reference Book
- Maine License Exam Prep Book with 300 practice questions for the exam
Testing is administered by Pearson VUE. Reservations for the Maine Law examinations may be made by contacting Customer Care by phone at (877) 543-5220 (TDD 866-274-4777) or online at www.pearsonvue.com.