This is a 50-hour program approved by the Maine Real Estate Commission as meeting the criteria for getting a Maine broker real estate license, and to serve as the Designated Broker of an agency. Taught in a classroom setting, the course covers business planning, writing a company policy manual, risk management, ethical issues, how to set up an effective training program, and more. The course is based on the book Running a Successful Maine Real Estate Company, written by Charles “Kim” Coit.
To get a broker’s license, students need to have a minimum of 2 years as an associate broker plus a grade of 75 or better in this class.
The Designated Broker Course includes the following materials:
- Running a Successful Real Estate Company textbook
- Maine Real Estate Commission License Law Reference Book
Instructor: Tom Coward, Esq.
Location: Maine Listings Office, South Portland
- September 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, October 1
- 9 am – 3:30 pm (September 10 and 20 9 am – 4:30 pm)
- November 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, December 3, 6
- 9 am – 3:30 pm (November 12 and 22 9 am – 4:30 pm)